Profile and background
Michael Lund Nørgaard has a broad background in several areas of the law. Michael has spent the past 15 years specialising in IT law and public procurement law, including collaboration between the public sector and private businesses. Michael has extensive knowledge of IT technology and the public sector market.
He represents public authorities and Danish and international businesses in the areas of public procurement law, IT law and the GDPR. Michael co-founded Nørgaard Piening, a law firm specialising in public-private partnerships. Moreover, Michael has been engaged in start-ups, assisting a number of small and medium-sized businesses in setting up business in the public sector market. Finally, Michael has handled a number of cases on proper settlement pricing in the context of citizens’ free choice of care provider.
- Kromann Reumert
- Kammeradvokaten, Poul Schmith
- The Danish public procurement service provider Statens og Kommunernes Indkøbsservice A/S (on secondment from Kammeradvokaten (the legal adviser to the Danish Government))
- Nørgaard Piening Advokater, Partner
Education and qualifications
- University of Copenhagen, LLM, 2002
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, ERASMUS exchange, Law
- Member of the Danish procurement lawyers’ association
- Member of the Danish Association for Data Protection Law
Selected cases, representation and international testimonials
- Assisted in managing tender procedures for public-sector clients
- Assisted in submitting and negotiating bids in tender procedures on behalf of major Danish and international businesses
- Assisting in a tender procedure for an IT infrastructure contract for the Danish health data network
- Assisting a trade organisation and a number of care providers in proper pricing in the free-choice area
- Assisting IT clients and providers in ongoing negotiations of large and medium-sized IT service contracts
- Assisting with ongoing advice in the field of data protection law and appointed DPO in a number of Danish medium-sized businesses in the healthcare sector
- Assisting in handling complaints filed with the Danish Complaints Board for Public Procurement
Teaching and publications
- Michael teaches public procurement law and IT law and has been a speaker at several annual seminars of the Danish Association of Public Procurement Professionals (IKA).
- Moreover, Michael has published various articles, e.g. on technology-specific calls for tenders.