Profile and background
Jacob Ørndrup is widely recognised in Denmark and abroad as a leading expert within R&D contracts and license agreements and within pharmaceutical law and healthcare law. He has advised clients in cases concerning pharmaceuticals, medical devices, biotechnology, food products, cosmetics and chemical products for more than 25 years.
In addition, Jacob has very extensive experience within intellectual property law and litigation such as patent, trademark and know-how infringement cases and injunction proceedings.
Jacob worked as an attorney with Gorrissen Federspiel in the period from 1998 to 2022; from 2003 to 2022 as a partner.
Education and qualifications
- Right of audience before the Danish Supreme Court, 2002
- Right of audience before the Danish High Court, 1995
- Attorney-at-law, 1995
- University of Copenhagen, LLM 1992
- Marigold Innovation ApS, chairman
- DolorestBio ApS, chairman
- Danish Life Science Law Association, board member
Selected cases, representation and international testimonials
- Chambers Europe and Chambers Global (2022):
“Jacob Ørndrup is recognised within the life sciences sector, particularly advising on patent infringement disputes. He joined Loeven Law in January 2022.”
- IAM Patent 1000 (2021):
“Ørndrup handles high-stakes pharmaceutical disputes with poise, delivering arguments that come underpinned by decades’ worth of insight.”
- Who’s Who Legal (2021): “Recommended” – Life Sciences – Patent Litigation; Life Sciences – Regulatory
- IP Stars Managing IP has rated Jacob “Patent star 2022”, see link: Jacob Ørndrup – Denmark – Lawyer Profile | IP STARS