Profile and background
Christian Vinding Thomsen specialises in life science & healthcare, M&A and corporate law. With his more than 20 years of experience in the field, Christian is highly specialised in the legal issues facing the life science sector.
Christian represents Danish as well as foreign businesses in matters concerning GCP, GMP, GDP, market access and marketing compliance. Moreover, Christian advises clients on commercial contracts and funding. In recent years, Christian has also specialised in artist management, representing a long list of high-profile actors and musicians. Christian was an owner and partner of the law firm of Bech-Bruun in the period 2014-2021, where he was one of the attorneys heading up the firm’s life science team.
Education and qualifications
- University of Copenhagen, LLM,
- The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Bech-Bruun Strategic Partner Program
- Chairman, KT Stålindustri A/S
- Board member, Reponex Pharmaceuticals A/S
- Board member, Repoceuticals A/S
- Board member, AKI Therapeutics ApS
- Board member, Danish Life Science Law Association
- Deputy chairman, the complaints body of the Danish medical devices industry association, Medicoindustrien
Selected cases, representation and international testimonials
- Christian has been recommended by Chambers (Global), Chambers (Europe), Legal 500 and Who’s Who Legal.
- Legal 500 (2021): “Christian Vinding Thomsen is highly recognized as a leading life sciences specialist in Denmark. His industry knowledge is second to none and his ability to combine legal and technical skills with a focused commercial knowledge about the industry has made him our preferred advisor for many years now.”
- Chambers Global (2021): Christian Vinding Thomsen primarily advises clients in the life sciences and healthcare sectors. He is recognised for his regulatory and compliance activities. Clients state that he is “knowledgeable, proactive, flexible, attentive and accessible”.
- Chambers Europe (2021): Christian Vinding Thomsen assists life sciences entities with IP-related topics. He is highlighted for his knowledge of the pharmaceutical sector.
Teaching and publications
- Christian Vinding Thomsen teaches courses in advertising and distribution of medicinal products, market access and food product claims at the Danish Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry (Atrium) and Medicoindustrien.